Mrs Uyên Bùi (9.0 Speaking) – Chuyên viên học thuật của Ielts I-Ready
Area you live in
Do you live in a house or in an apartment?
- Certainly, I reside in an apartment. This living arrangement provides me with a comfortable and functional space that aligns well with my current lifestyle.
What do you most like about where you live now?
- What I appreciate most about my current living situation is its proximity to various amenities. I have easy access to public transportation, supermarkets, and recreational facilities, which enhances my daily convenience.
How long have you been living here?
- I have been living in my current apartment for the past two years. It has become a comfortable and familiar space for me during this time, allowing me to establish a sense of belonging in the neighborhood.
What do you usually do on the weekend?
- On weekends, I usually try to strike a balance between relaxation and productivity. I might catch up on sleep, engage in hobbies, spend time with friends or family, and complete any pending tasks or errands.
What did you do last weekend?
- Last weekend, I visited a local art exhibition with a group of friends. We explored various art pieces and had engaging discussions about different artistic styles. Later, we went to a new restaurant to try out some local cuisine. It was a refreshing and enjoyable experience that added a touch of creativity to my weekend.
What sports do you like?
- I am particularly fond of playing basketball. It’s a dynamic and team-oriented sport that I find both physically engaging and mentally stimulating.
Where did you learn how to do it?
- I learned how to play basketball during my school years. We had regular physical education classes where we were introduced to various sports, including basketball. I also joined a local basketball club, which provided structured training sessions to improve my skills and understanding of the game.
Describe a game you played in your childhood
One of my fondest childhood memories revolves around a game called “Hide and Seek.” This classic outdoor game was a favorite among my friends and me, and it provided endless hours of fun and excitement.
Hide and Seek is a simple yet exhilarating game where one person closes their eyes and counts while the other players hide in various spots around the designated playing area. Once the counting is done, the person who counted opens their eyes and begins searching for the hidden players. The goal for the hiders is to find the best hiding spots to avoid being found, and the seeker’s aim is to locate and tag as many hidden players as possible.
I remember playing this game in the park near my house, which had plenty of trees, bushes, and playground equipment that served as fantastic hiding spots. The thrill of finding the perfect hiding place and trying to stay quiet while the seeker approached was both nerve-wracking and exhilarating. As a child, the park transformed into a realm of adventure and mystery during these games.
What made Hide and Seek so special was not just the joy of playing, but also the camaraderie it fostered among my friends and me. It encouraged teamwork, strategic thinking, and problem-solving as we collaborated to find creative hiding spots and communicate silently while the seeker was on the prowl.
Hide and Seek was a cherished game from my childhood that brought me and my friends together in moments of pure enjoyment. Its simple yet engaging nature, coupled with the thrill of hiding and seeking, created lasting memories that I still cherish today. This game served as a reminder of the value of imaginative play and the joy of shared experiences during those carefree years of my childhood.
What games do kids like to play now?
- Nowadays, kids enjoy a variety of games, both physical and digital. Outdoor activities like tag, hide and seek, and sports are still popular, but digital games on smartphones, tablets, and gaming consoles have also gained significant popularity among children.
Do boys and girls play different games?
- Yes, boys and girls often have different preferences when it comes to games. While there is some overlap, boys might be more inclined towards active and competitive games, whereas girls might lean towards creative and imaginative play. However, these preferences can vary widely among individuals.
Are outdoor sports important for kids?
- Outdoor sports are indeed important for kids. Engaging in physical activities not only promotes physical fitness but also helps in developing social skills, teamwork, and coordination. Outdoor play encourages interaction with peers and nature, fostering a healthy and holistic growth for children.
Why do people play different games now than before?
- The shift in the types of games kids play can be attributed to technological advancements. Digital devices and online platforms offer a new way of playing and socializing. Additionally, changes in societal trends, such as urbanization and safety concerns, might also influence the types of games children engage in. Despite these changes, traditional outdoor games still hold value in promoting active lifestyles and social interaction.