Mrs Uyên Bùi (9.0 Speaking) – Chuyên viên học thuật của Ielts I-Ready
Home and accommodation
What kind of housing/accommodation do you live in?
- I currently live in an apartment in a residential complex. It is a modern and well-maintained building with several units. The apartment provides a comfortable and convenient living space.
How long have you lived there?
- I have been living in this apartment for the past two years. It has been a wonderful place to call home, offering a suitable environment for both relaxation and productivity.
Which room do you like most in your house?
- Among the various rooms in my apartment, I find the living room to be the most appealing. It serves as a versatile space where I can unwind, entertain guests, and engage in leisure activities. The living room is furnished with comfortable seating, a television, and a cosy atmosphere, making it an inviting place to spend quality time.
Staying up late
How often do you stay up late?
- Personally, I try to maintain a regular sleep schedule and prioritize getting an adequate amount of rest. However, there may be occasions when I stay up late due to special events, work commitments, or other circumstances. Generally, I aim to limit late nights and prioritize a healthy sleep routine.
Did you stay up late when you were a kid?
- As a child, I occasionally stayed up late for special occasions such as celebrations or family gatherings. However, it was not a regular occurrence as maintaining a consistent sleep schedule was encouraged for healthy growth and development.
What do you do when you stay up late?
- When staying up late, I may engage in various activities depending on the situation. It could involve working on urgent tasks, studying for exams, watching a movie or a TV show, spending time with friends or family, or simply enjoying personal leisure activities like reading or listening to music.
What does it feel like the next morning when you stay up late?
- The next morning after staying up late, I may experience fatigue, grogginess, or a lack of energy. It can be challenging to feel fully rested and alert, as the body and mind require adequate sleep for optimal functioning. I might need to rely on strategies like drinking coffee or taking a quick nap to help me feel more awake and alert during the day.
What did you like the most about your school?
- One aspect that I liked the most about my school was the supportive and engaging learning environment. The teachers were knowledgeable and passionate about their subjects, and they created a positive atmosphere that fostered learning and personal growth. Additionally, the school provided various extracurricular activities and opportunities for students to explore their interests, which enhanced the overall educational experience.
What was your best subject in school?
- My best subject in school was mathematics. I enjoyed the logical and problem-solving nature of the subject. The systematic approach and the satisfaction of finding solutions to complex mathematical problems were particularly appealing to me. I appreciated the structured learning process and the sense of accomplishment that came with mastering mathematical concepts.
What do most students in your country do after school?
- After school, most students in my country typically engage in various activities depending on their individual interests and aspirations. Some students may participate in after-school programs or extracurricular activities such as sports, music, or art. Others may devote time to self-study, complete homework assignments, or engage in additional academic tuition. Additionally, some students may have part-time jobs or internships to gain practical experience and develop skills. It ultimately varies from student to student, based on their personal preferences and educational goals.
Have you ever learned to draw?
- Yes, I have learned the basics of drawing during my academic years. While I may not have pursued it extensively, I gained some understanding of fundamental drawing techniques and principles.
Do you like drawing?
- Absolutely! I find drawing to be a wonderful form of artistic expression. It allows me to unleash my creativity, explore different techniques, and bring my ideas to life on paper. Drawing provides a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction, and I truly enjoy the process of creating visually appealing and meaningful artworks.
Did you like drawing when you were a child? Why/Why not?
- As a child, I may have enjoyed drawing as it allowed me to express my creativity and imagination. Drawing provided a means to visually represent my thoughts and ideas. Additionally, it could be a source of enjoyment and a way to engage in independent, self-directed play. However, it is important to note that preferences and interests can vary among individuals, and some children may have different inclinations or interests that might not involve drawing.
Describe a historical period you would like to know more
One significant historical event in Vietnam is the Vietnam War, which occurred from 1955 to 1975. The Vietnam War was a protracted conflict between North Vietnam, supported by its communist allies, and South Vietnam, backed by the United States and other anti-communist nations.
The war had its roots in the post-World War II era when Vietnam was divided into two separate countries: the communist-led Democratic Republic of Vietnam in the north, and the anti-communist Republic of Vietnam in the south. The conflict escalated as both sides sought to reunify the country under their respective ideologies.
The Vietnam War was marked by intense fighting, guerrilla warfare, and heavy aerial bombings. The U.S. military, at the height of its involvement, deployed a large number of troops, conducted extensive bombing campaigns, and employed various strategies to combat the communist forces. However, the war took a toll on both sides, with significant loss of life and widespread destruction.
The war deeply impacted Vietnamese society and led to the displacement of millions of people. It also sparked anti-war movements and protests around the world, challenging the U.S. government’s policies and prompting discussions on the ethics of war.
Ultimately, the Vietnam War concluded with the withdrawal of U.S. troops and the unification of Vietnam under communist rule. The war left a lasting impact on Vietnam, shaping its political, social, and economic landscape for years to come.
It’s important to note that the Vietnam War remains a complex and sensitive topic, as it continues to evoke strong emotions and divisions among people with differing perspectives on its causes and consequences.
How do children in your country learn history?
- In my country, children primarily learn history through formal education in schools. History is included as a subject in the curriculum, and students study various aspects of their country’s history as well as world history. Teachers use textbooks, reference materials, and interactive teaching methods to impart historical knowledge to students. Additionally, educational field trips to historical sites and museums are organized to provide students with practical learning experiences.
The difference between learning history through books and movies
- Learning history through books and movies offers different perspectives. Books provide detailed written accounts, analysis, and interpretations of historical events. They allow readers to delve deeper into specific topics and gain a comprehensive understanding of historical contexts. On the other hand, movies offer a visual and immersive experience. They can bring history to life through storytelling, cinematography, and reenactments. Movies have the potential to engage and captivate viewers, making history more accessible and relatable.
Learn history through books and movies, which is more accurate?
- When it comes to accuracy, both books and movies have their limitations. While books undergo rigorous research and fact-checking processes, the interpretation of historical events can vary among authors. Historical movies, although based on true events, may sometimes take creative liberties for the sake of storytelling or cinematic effects. Therefore, it is important to approach both mediums critically and consider multiple sources to obtain a more accurate and well-rounded understanding of history.
Should historical sites and historical buildings be protected?
- Historical sites and buildings hold significant cultural and historical value, and their protection is crucial. They serve as tangible links to the past and provide insights into the heritage and identity of a nation. Preservation of historical sites ensures that future generations can learn from and appreciate their cultural legacy. Governments, heritage organizations, and local communities often have a shared responsibility to protect and maintain these sites for their historical, educational, and tourism value.