Mrs Uyên Bùi (9.0 Speaking) – Chuyên viên học thuật của Ielts I-Ready
Where do you live? Is it a house or an apartment?
- I currently reside in an apartment. It provides me with a comfortable living space within a multi-story building, offering various amenities and convenient access to nearby facilities.
What kind of accommodation do you prefer?
- In terms of accommodation preferences, I am inclined towards a spacious and comfortable apartment. The reason for this choice stems from the numerous advantages that apartments offer. Firstly, apartments often provide a range of modern amenities such as gyms, swimming pools, and communal spaces, which can enhance the overall quality of living. Moreover, apartments are usually located in urban areas, which ensures easy access to essential services, educational institutions, and employment opportunities.
Do you plan to live there for a long time?
- Regarding the question of whether I plan to live in a particular place for a long time, it would depend on various factors. It is essential to consider personal circumstances, future goals, and opportunities that may arise. While some individuals may have a strong attachment to their current location, others may have aspirations to explore new places or pursue different opportunities. Ultimately, the decision to stay in one place for an extended period or to relocate is a personal one and can be influenced by a range of factors such as career prospects, family considerations, and quality of life. It is crucial to regularly evaluate and reassess one’s goals and priorities to make informed decisions about long-term living arrangements.
Do you like bags?
- Yes, I do like bags. They are not only practical for carrying personal belongings but can also be fashionable accessories that complement one’s style. Bags serve as functional and versatile accessories that can enhance both convenience and fashion.
What types of bags do you like?
- Personally, I appreciate a variety of bags depending on the occasion and purpose. For everyday use, I find shoulder bags or crossbody bags to be convenient and comfortable. They allow easy access to my essentials while keeping my hands free. Additionally, I also like backpacks for their practicality and ability to distribute weight evenly. When attending more formal events, I prefer clutch bags or small handbags that add a touch of elegance to my outfit.
Do you usually carry a bag (when you go out)?
- Yes, I typically carry a bag when I go out. Having a bag allows me to keep essential items such as my wallet, keys, phone, and personal belongings organized and easily accessible. It provides a sense of security, knowing that my belongings are safely stored while I’m on the move.
What do you put in these bags?
- The items I put in my bag vary depending on the purpose and duration of my outing. Typically, I carry personal essentials such as my wallet, keys, phone, and perhaps a small makeup pouch. I may also include practical items like a water bottle, umbrella, or sunglasses, depending on the weather and my plans for the day. Additionally, I like to have a notepad and pen with me for jotting down notes or ideas.
Describe a place you would like to visit in the future
You should say:
- where it is
- what it is like
- how you would travel there
- and explain why you want to visit that place
One place that has always fascinated me and that I aspire to visit in the future is the enchanting city of Kyoto in Japan. Known for its rich cultural heritage and breathtaking landscapes, Kyoto offers a captivating blend of ancient traditions and modern sophistication.
Kyoto is renowned for its exquisite temples, shrines, and traditional Japanese gardens. One landmark that particularly captures my imagination is the Kinkaku-ji, or Golden Pavilion, a stunning Zen Buddhist temple adorned in gold leaf. Its serene surroundings and reflective pond create a sense of tranquility that is both awe-inspiring and humbling.
Another attraction that intrigues me is the Fushimi Inari Taisha, a sprawling shrine complex famous for its thousands of vibrant red torii gates that wind through the forested mountainside. The opportunity to walk this sacred path, surrounded by a sense of spirituality and natural beauty, is a journey I eagerly anticipate.
Beyond its architectural wonders, Kyoto is also renowned for its traditional arts and crafts. The city is known for its tea ceremonies, where the meticulous preparation and presentation of matcha tea embody grace and harmony. Additionally, exploring the historic geisha district of Gion and witnessing the elegant performances of traditional Japanese theater, such as kabuki or Noh, would be a cultural immersion like no other.
Furthermore, Kyoto’s proximity to nature presents an opportunity to explore its picturesque surroundings. I would love to wander through the serene Arashiyama Bamboo Grove, feeling the gentle rustling of the towering bamboo stalks and immersing myself in the peaceful ambiance of the natural landscape.
In conclusion, Kyoto encapsulates the essence of traditional Japan, offering a blend of historical landmarks, cultural richness, and breathtaking natural beauty. The prospect of immersing myself in this unique city and experiencing its traditions, arts, and natural wonders fills me with excitement and a sense of anticipation. Kyoto promises to be a journey of discovery, allowing me to deepen my understanding of Japanese culture, history, and spirituality.
Holiday and travel:
Why do you think people go on holiday?
- People go on holiday for various reasons, and it often serves as an opportunity to take a break from daily routines, relax, explore new places, and engage in leisure activities. Holidays provide individuals with a chance to rejuvenate, escape stress, and spend quality time with family or friends. Moreover, people may seek to broaden their horizons, immerse themselves in different cultures, and create lasting memories through travel experiences.
Do young people and older people benefit differently from travelling?
- When it comes to the benefits of travel, both young and older people can derive advantages, although they may have different perspectives and preferences. Younger individuals often have a thirst for adventure, seeking new experiences, and expanding their knowledge about the world. Travelling can help young people develop a sense of independence, self-discovery, and cultural understanding. On the other hand, older individuals may appreciate the opportunity to relax, reflect on their lives, and engage in slower-paced activities. Travelling can provide them with a sense of fulfilment, lifelong learning, and connection with different generations.
What are the positive and negative impacts of tourism?
- Tourism has both positive and negative impacts on destinations. Positive impacts include economic growth, job creation, and infrastructural development. Tourism can boost local businesses, preserve cultural heritage, and promote cross-cultural understanding. Additionally, it can foster environmental awareness and conservation efforts. However, there are also negative impacts associated with overtourism, such as environmental degradation, overcrowding, cultural commodification, and social disruption. Sustainable tourism practices and responsible traveller behaviour are crucial to mitigate these negative effects.
What kind of holidays will be popular in the future?
- In terms of future holiday trends, various factors may shape the preferences of travellers. Ecotourism and sustainable travel are likely to gain popularity as people become more conscious of environmental issues. Wellness and health-focused holidays, such as yoga retreats or mindfulness getaways, may also attract a significant number of travelers seeking relaxation and self-care experiences. Additionally, personalised and immersive travel experiences, such as cultural exchanges and local interactions, are expected to be sought after by individuals seeking authentic and meaningful experiences.