Mrs Uyên Bùi (9.0 Speaking) – Chuyên viên học thuật của Ielts I-Ready
Where did you grow up?
- I grew up in a picturesque town called [hometown], nestled in the [region/country]. It’s a place filled with rich cultural heritage and natural beauty.
Do you prefer living in the countryside or in the city?
- While both the countryside and the city have their unique charms, I personally prefer living in the countryside. The serene surroundings, clean air, and close-knit community make it an ideal place for me to live a peaceful and fulfilling life.
What is your hometown famous for?
- My hometown is renowned for its [specific aspect]. It has gained fame for [mention notable attractions, traditions, or landmarks], which have become symbols of pride for the local community. Moreover, the region is known for its [mention any local industries, products, or specialties], which have gained recognition both nationally and internationally.
Can you fix things?
- Yes, I possess a certain level of proficiency in fixing things. Over the years, I have developed basic repair skills, allowing me to handle common household issues such as repairing minor electrical faults, fixing leaky faucets, or troubleshooting simple mechanical problems.
Did anybody teach you how to fix things when you were a child?
- During my childhood, I was fortunate to have someone guide me in acquiring basic repair skills. My [mention family member or mentor], who had considerable expertise in various DIY projects, patiently taught me the fundamentals of fixing things. Their guidance and hands-on approach helped me develop a practical understanding of repairs.
Do you think it is necessary for people to learn to fix things?
- Undoubtedly, learning to fix things is an invaluable skill that everyone should acquire. In today’s fast-paced world, where we heavily rely on technology and appliances, knowing how to troubleshoot and repair basic issues not only saves money but also promotes self-sufficiency. It empowers individuals to handle minor repairs and reduces our dependency on professionals for every small problem.
Do you like ice cream?
- Absolutely! I have always been fond of ice cream. The delightful combination of creamy texture, rich flavors, and the refreshing coldness make it an irresistible treat for me.
Did you eat ice cream as a child?
- Certainly! Ice cream was a cherished indulgence during my childhood. Whether it was a special occasion or a simple reward, the joy of enjoying a scoop of ice cream never failed to bring a smile to my face.
Would you like to make your own ice cream?
- Definitely! The idea of making my own ice cream sounds fascinating to me. Being able to experiment with different flavors and ingredients to create unique combinations tailored to my taste preferences is quite enticing. Additionally, making homemade ice cream can be a fun and creative activity, offering a sense of satisfaction when enjoying the final result.
Topic: Describe a place far away that you want to visit.
I would absolutely love to visit the captivating country of Iceland, which has always intrigued me with its breathtaking landscapes and unique natural wonders. Located in the North Atlantic Ocean, this remote island nation holds an irresistible allure that has sparked my wanderlust.
One of the main attractions that draws me to Iceland is its stunning geological features. The country is famous for its volcanic activity, which has shaped its dramatic landscapes. The idea of exploring rugged lava fields, majestic glaciers, and cascading waterfalls, such as the awe-inspiring Gullfoss and the powerful Skógafoss, fills me with a sense of wonder and excitement.
Another aspect that fascinates me about Iceland is its geothermal activity. The country is dotted with geothermal hot springs, geysers, and bubbling mud pools. The renowned Blue Lagoon, with its milky-blue waters rich in minerals, is particularly intriguing to me. The thought of indulging in a relaxing soak in these natural hot springs, surrounded by stunning scenery, is truly enticing.
Finally, Iceland is known for its stunning displays of the Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis. The mesmerizing dance of colorful lights in the night sky is a sight that I have always dreamed of witnessing. The idea of being immersed in the ethereal beauty of this natural phenomenon, away from light pollution, fills me with a sense of tranquility and wonder.
Where will everyone choose to go during the holidays?
- During the holidays, the destination of choice for many people varies depending on personal preferences and interests. Some individuals might opt for popular tourist destinations such as beach resorts, historic cities, or famous landmarks. Others might choose to visit family and friends in their hometowns or go on adventurous trips to explore nature and outdoor activities. Ultimately, the decision on where to go during the holidays is influenced by factors like personal preferences, budget, and availability of time.
Why do so many people spend time at home during the holidays?
- There are several reasons why many people prefer to spend time at home during the holidays. Firstly, home provides a sense of comfort, familiarity, and relaxation. It allows individuals to escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life, unwind, and rejuvenate in their own personal space. Moreover, holidays often provide an opportunity for family gatherings and strengthening bonds with loved ones. For some, staying at home during the holidays allows for quality time with family, creating cherished memories and traditions. Additionally, the holidays can be a time for self-reflection, personal hobbies, and pursuing activities that bring joy and fulfillment without the need to travel elsewhere.
Where do young people in your country like to go?
- In my country, young people have diverse preferences when it comes to travel destinations. Some may prefer exploring vibrant urban centers and cosmopolitan cities, immersing themselves in the bustling energy, modern attractions, and cultural offerings. Others might be drawn to natural landscapes, such as mountains, national parks, or coastal areas, where they can engage in outdoor activities like hiking, camping, or water sports. Moreover, with the rise of social media, there is also a growing interest among young people to visit unique and Instagram-worthy places that offer aesthetically pleasing experiences or picturesque backdrops.
How does tourism lead to cultural exchange?
- Tourism plays a significant role in facilitating cultural exchange between different countries and communities. When people travel to a foreign destination, they have the opportunity to immerse themselves in a new culture, interact with locals, and experience their way of life. This interaction promotes understanding, empathy, and appreciation for diverse cultures, customs, traditions, and perspectives. Additionally, tourists often engage in activities such as visiting historical sites, attending cultural events, and trying local cuisine, which further deepens their understanding and respect for the host culture. Likewise, locals also benefit from tourism as they have the chance to interact with visitors from different backgrounds, share their cultural heritage, and gain insights into other cultures. Overall, tourism serves as a bridge that fosters cultural understanding, respect, and mutual enrichment between travelers and the communities they visit.