Mrs Uyên Bùi (9.0 Speaking) – Chuyên viên học thuật của Ielts I-Ready
What kind of housing/ Accommodation do you live in?
- I currently reside in a spacious rented house. It is a two-story building with a well-maintained garden, offering a serene and homely atmosphere. The house provides ample space for all our family members and allows us to have separate bedrooms, a shared living area, and a cozy kitchen, making it an ideal living arrangement for us.
Who do you live with?
- I live with my parents, younger sibling, and our adorable pet dog. Living together as a family creates a warm and supportive environment, where we share our daily experiences and support each other through life’s challenges. Having a pet brings additional joy and companionship to our household, fostering a strong bond between all of us. The shared space allows us to create cherished memories and strengthens our family ties.
Stay up late
Do you often stay up late?
- I try my best to maintain a consistent sleep schedule, but occasionally, I find myself staying up late due to academic commitments or personal interests. While I understand the importance of adequate sleep for overall well-being, certain circumstances may lead to occasional late nights.
Did you stay up late when you were a child?
- During my childhood, staying up late was a rare occurrence as my parents emphasized the importance of a regular sleep routine. They encouraged me to establ see ish healthy sleeping habits to ensure proper growth and cognitive development. However, on special occasions or during vacations, I might have stayed up a bit later to enjoy family gatherings or engage in fun activities with friends.
Do you like playing sports?
- I am quite fond of playing sports. Engaging in physical activities not only promotes a healthy lifestyle but also provides a great way to relieve stress and stay mentally refreshed. I particularly enjoy sports like football and basketball, as they offer both teamwork and individual skill development opportunities.
Is there anyone around you who likes to play sports?
- Yes, there are several people around me who also share a passion for playing sports. Some of my friends regularly participate in various sports activities, such as tennis, badminton, and swimming. It’s wonderful to have like-minded individuals with whom I can enjoy friendly matches and build camaraderie through sports.
Describe a place you visited that has been affected by pollution
During my travels, I visited a coastal city that has been significantly affected by pollution. The destination was once renowned for its pristine beaches, crystal-clear waters, and vibrant marine life, but sadly, the impact of pollution had taken a toll on its natural beauty.
Upon arriving at the city, it became evident that pollution had left its mark on the once idyllic coastal landscape. The beaches, which were once known for their soft golden sand and clear waters, were now marred by litter and debris. Plastic waste and other pollutants had washed ashore, creating an unpleasant and disheartening sight.
As I strolled along the shoreline, the smell of stagnant water and decay was evident. It was apparent that the pollution had not only affected the visual beauty of the area but had also disrupted the delicate ecosystem of the marine life. I noticed fewer seabirds and marine creatures, and the absence of the vibrant underwater life that the city was once famous for was deeply saddening.
In response to the pollution crisis, I discovered that several local organizations and environmental groups were actively working to raise awareness about the issue and implement solutions. Community-led clean-up drives and educational campaigns aimed to engage both residents and tourists in adopting more sustainable practices and reducing their environmental footprint.
Visiting this polluted coastal city was a sobering reminder of the urgent need to address environmental issues and preserve our natural resources. The experience left a profound impact on me and highlighted the importance of responsible travel and sustainable practices in safeguarding the environment for future generations.
In what ways can air pollution be reduced effectively
- Air pollution can be effectively reduced through a combination of individual and collective efforts. Implementing strict emission standards for industries and vehicles is crucial to limit harmful pollutants released into the air. Promoting renewable energy sources and transitioning away from fossil fuels can significantly decrease air pollution. Encouraging public transportation and cycling, as well as improving urban planning to reduce the need for extensive car use, can further contribute to cleaner air. Raising awareness through educational campaigns and engaging communities in environmental initiatives can also foster a sense of responsibility and active participation in combating air pollution.
What are the differences between people living in the clean air and others?
- People living in areas with clean air experience numerous benefits compared to those in polluted regions. Individuals in clean air environments are less likely to suffer from respiratory illnesses, cardiovascular problems, and other health issues associated with air pollution. Clean air promotes better overall well-being, leading to improved productivity and quality of life. Additionally, areas with clean air often have better natural ecosystems and biodiversity, creating a more sustainable environment for future generations.
What can individuals do to prevent air pollution?
- Individuals play a significant role in preventing air pollution. They can start by using public transportation or carpooling to reduce vehicle emissions. Conserving energy at home by using energy-efficient appliances and reducing unnecessary electricity consumption helps lower pollution from power plants. Supporting renewable energy sources and reducing waste, especially through recycling and proper waste disposal, can also contribute to cleaner air. Advocating for sustainable practices and being environmentally conscious in everyday choices are essential in the fight against air pollution.
Why are there places that have polluted air and there are places that don’t?
- Places with polluted air can be attributed to various factors, including industrial activities, vehicular emissions, energy production, and urbanization. Heavy industrialization, increased traffic, and inadequate environmental regulations can lead to higher pollution levels in certain regions. On the other hand, places with cleaner air often benefit from better environmental policies, stricter emission standards, a lower population density, and a focus on sustainable practices. Geographic and meteorological factors can also influence air quality, such as temperature inversions trapping pollutants in certain areas.
Do you agree with the statement that companies will only protect the environment if they are forced to do so
- The statement that companies will only protect the environment if forced to do so is not entirely accurate. While some companies may prioritize profit over environmental concerns, there is a growing trend towards corporate social responsibility and sustainability. Many companies are voluntarily adopting eco-friendly practices and implementing measures to reduce their carbon footprint. This can be driven by various factors, including public demand for environmentally responsible products, positive brand reputation, and a genuine concern for the environment. Government regulations and incentives can further encourage businesses to adopt environmentally friendly practices, but voluntary efforts from companies can also play a significant role in protecting the environment.